We all know that there is a bounty of foods and substances which are bad for your teeth, but what is rarely talked about is that there are numerous foods that are also healthy for it. Not only can some foods clear away harmful plaque and acids, but some have substances that can strengthen your tooth enamel.
Focus your oral health care on healthy food choices. Save your smile with a better diet and these important facts:
– Products with increased levels of phosphorus and calcium have been proven to strengthen tooth enamel. Oftentimes, this includes a variety of meats and cheeses, nuts, and many types of milk.
– Always have foods with a high water content, especially crunchy ones. These foods can wash away bacteria and food residue more easily and help keep your teeth clean.
– Snacking between meals can raise your risk for tooth decay to occur.
– Saliva is one of the key factors in keeping your mouth healthy. Be sure to keep a heavy saliva flow in your mouth with alternative cleaning tools such as sugarless gum.
– Foods with lower levels of sugar and carbohydrates tend to be healthier for your teeth, as sugars can be converted into harmful acids that eat through tooth enamel.
You may be at an increased risk for poor dietary choices. Eastern Hills Dental is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Amanda Rhoades and our team at our dentist office in Cincinnati, Ohio, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 513-231-7474 . Every day is another chance to improve your oral health.